1. Appears bright, highly intelligent, and articulate but unable to read, write, or spell at grade level.
2. Labeled lazy, dumb, careless, immature, "not trying hard enough," or "a behavior problem."
3.High in IQ, yet may not test well academically; tests well orally, but not written.
4. Feels dumb; has poor self-esteem; hides or covers up weaknesses with ingenious compensatory strategies.
5.Easily frustrated and emotional about school, reading or testing.
6. Talented in. . .
7. Seems to "zone out" or daydream often; gets lost easily or loses track of time.
8. Difficulty sustaining attention; seems "hyper" or "a daydreamer."
9. Learns best through hands-on experience, demonstrations, experimentation, observation, and visual aids.